- Preheat oven to 200c/400 fan.
- Slice mushrooms lengthwise into strips about ¼ inch thick and soak in a bowl of hot water for 5 minutes, to loosen them up.
- Strain and marinade in garlic, soy sauce, Sesame Togarashi, salt and pepper in a bowl. Stir and set to cool for 10 minutes (until pliable).
- Fold mushroom slice and thread onto skewer, alternating folds, until you have 4 folded mushrooms per skewer. Repeat using all mushrooms.
- Heat a cast-iron pan on a medium-high heat, when it’s hot, swirl oil in the pan to coat the bottom. Then sear skewers on each side, until golden brown on each side. Add Sesame Togarashi seasoning, salt, and pepper while cooking. Adding more seasoning with every turn.
- Once golden brown and crispy on the outside, turn off the heat and transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet, drizzle Teriyaki Sauce over each skewer.
- Secure the top of each skewer with 2 slices of green onion and a chili pepper, then cook in oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, set aside and sprinkle black and white sesame seeds on top.
- Serve and enjoy!