Apricot Crumble Bars
February 9, 2021
Perfect crumbly bars with gooey, sweet apricot filling. Easy to make and incredibly moreish. These apricot crumble bars are delicious!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 12 apricot crumble bars 1x
For the Apricot Filling
- 230g dried apricots, finely chopped
- 120g apple, peeled cored and diced (one medium apple)
- 200g caster sugar
- 355ml just-boiled water
For the Base and Crumble Topping
- 200 g plain white flour
- 80g ground almonds
- 100 g light brown sugar
- 225 g vegan butter, refrigerated – the kind in a block, not margarine
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
To Make the Apricot Filling
- Place a medium saucepan over medium heat and add the apricot filling ingredients.
- Bring to a very gentle boil and allow to simmer, stirring occasionally, until the mixture reaches a jam-like consistency (around 15 minutes). Remove from the heat.
To Make the Base and Crumble Topping
- Preheat the oven to 170c. Line a deep 25x30cm baking tin with baking parchment. Set aside.
- Place all the base/crumble ingredients into a food processor and pulse until roughly combined. The texture should resemble coarse breadcrumbs.
- Place two-thirds of the mixture into the deep baking tin. Using a flat object such as a spatula or dough scraper, flatten the mixture into one even layer.
- Pour the apricot mixture over the base and sprinkle with the remaining crumble. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack until room temperature. Either slice and serve at this point or slice and place in an airtight container in the fridge. The squares will keep in the fridge for around 3-4 days.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @wickedhealthy on Instagram and hashtag it #eatwickedfoods
Keywords: apricot crumble bars