Real-Time Vegan Ramen
September 21, 2020
We’re going against the clock to show you how quick it is to make this delicious vegan ramen, in real-time! Gather your ingredients and follow along to add this to your repertoire. Don’t be ashamed of buying instant ramen, but you won’t be needing those little sauce packets when you can have a feast like this ready in under 20 minutes!
- Prep Time: 20
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 2 (if using 2 ramen servings) 1x
- 1 packet of instant ramen noodles
- 550 ml/18 oz boiled water
- 6–7 Brussel sprouts (trim the bottom, slice in half)
- 1 cup tender stem broccoli, washed and trimmed into bite-size pieces
- ½ a block of tofu (extra firm), (slice one half)
- 6–7 shiitake mushrooms, trim the end of the stem and slice in half (We like Smithy mushrooms)
- 1 orange, sliced in half
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1-inch fresh root ginger, peel trimmed off and finely sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 package spinach (about 3 cups)
- 1 can white beans, drained
- 1– 2 TBSP miso paste
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Pre-heat oven to 400f/200c.
- Prepare a baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Pour boiled kettle into a saucepan, turn on the heat.
- Prepare your mise en place (chop all veg, place in bowls, get everything ready!)
- Slice tofu, drizzle a little oil to coat and sprinkle with black pepper, granulated garlic, and salt.
- Add a little oil in a cast-iron pan on high heat,(make sure pan is hot) and add tofu slices to sear, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Add mushrooms to the tofu bowl, add sesame oil, salt and pepper. Toss the mushrooms in the oil and seasoning with your hands. Add in the broccoli, a little more sesame oil, and coat. Transfer to another bowl.
- Turn tofu, and add halved Brussel sprouts to the pan, face down, leave to sear. When tofu is golden on both sides, transfer to a baking paper-lined baking sheet.
- Turn sprouts and add ginger to the pan. Squeeze the juice from the orange halves over the Brussel sprouts to glaze, mix lightly and place sprouts and tender stem broccoli next to the tofu on the baking tray.
- Put mushrooms in the pan and sear for a couple of minutes, then press using another cast-iron pan stacked on top, applying pressure using a dishtowel. Turn with tongs and press again.
- Add noodles to the pan of boiling water.
- Place mushrooms on the baking tray next to the sprouts and place tray in the oven to roast, about five minutes.
- Drain noodles and whisk miso paste into the discarded noodle water. Plate up noodles in a bowl.
- Add a little oil to a pan, coat surface with kitchen roll, add spinach, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat.
- Add white beans into the miso water.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven.
- Ladle the miso and white bean broth beside the ramen, the ramen will soak up the flavour. Place tofu on the side, along with the vegetables, and finish with the spinach.
- Garnish with spring onion.
- Delicious vegan ramen, done, in under 20 minutes!
Love our real-time ramen recipe? Try it with our favorite Oyster mushroom steak!
Want more inspiration? Check out our Wicked Healthy YouTube Channel!
Get pinning! We’re over here on the Wicked Recipes Pinterest.
Keywords: real-time vegan ramen