RANCH STYLE COLE SLAW [OIL-FREE]
September 7, 2020
Let the flavour speak for itself! This isn’t just any old slaw, it’s an OIL-FREE Ranch Style Slaw, for all the WFPB buffs. Healthier and Wicked easy to make (you’ll want a high-speed blender to do the hard work for you!) and this simple, yet flavourful, silky smooth Cucumber Cashew Ranch dressing can be used on any salad you like. Keeping it balanced with our all-star slaw flavour profile – salty, sweet, whole food fat, and that all-important twang! Serve up as a side with Grilled BBQ Veggies, or alongside our Buffalo Tofu.
- 1 cup cashews, soaked for an hour in boiling water and strained
- 1 small head green cabbage, cut into cubes
- 3 leaves kale, pulled apart
- 2 cup carrot, grated
- 1 cucumber, chopped into large chunks (save some thin slices to garnish)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves (or 1 TBSP garlic powder)
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk (approx) (we use Oatly)
- 2–3 TBSP agave
- 3 TBSP rice wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp celery salt
- Handful fresh parsley
- 1 TBSP fresh dill
- Salt and pepper
- Add soaked and drained cashews, cucumber, and garlic to a blender. Blend on a low setting to crush. Add lemon, rice wine vinegar, green onions, fresh dill, onion powder, garlic powder, and a pinch of salt and black pepper. Blend on high until silky smooth, adding plant-based milk to thin out.
- Mix cabbage and kale in a large bowl with carrot and parsley.
- Add ½ of the dressing to the veggies, mix thoroughly with hands. (Bottle up remaining dressing)
- Transfer to a serving bowl, allow to sit for 20 minutes, and garnish with cucumber slices.
Looking for more slaw inspiration? Find our Firecracker Slaw and No-Oil Slaw here.
T-shirt from ETHCS.
Want more inspiration? Check out our YouTube Channel!
Get pinning! We’re over here on Pinterest.
Keywords: ranch style cole slaw, oil free