No-Oil Avocado Slaw | Quick & Easy Vegan Solutions
August 26, 2020
“But you need mayo to make slaw?!” Not the case in our NO-OIL wonder, Avocado Slaw! We use all the magic of the glorious avocado to provide the creamy base that we’re looking for in this recipe, with a little tart edge added in with the rice wine vinegar. It’s a little salty, a little sweet, a little bit of whole food fat and a lot of twang! You don’t need us to tell you that this will be a beautiful side for any of our BBQ recipes, whether you go for our Seitan Brisket or our BBQ Mushroom Steak (the no-oil vs oil version)! Serve up with BBQ Beans and you’ve got all bases covered.
- ½ head white cabbage, chopped
- 4 handfuls of kale, shaved
- 1 cup purple cabbage, chopped
- 2 avocados
- 1 carrot, shaved
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2–3 TBSP agave
- 2–3 TBSP rice wine vinegar (to taste)
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp celery salt
- Salt and pepper
- Squeeze avocado off the skin into a large bowl. Add 1 squeezed lemon and 1 squeezed lime (+ zester if you have a micro-plane). Add about agave, a few tbsp rice vinegar to taste, smoked paprika, celery salt, a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk.
- In a large bowl add ½ head chopped white cabbage, half the shaved kale, 1 shaved carrot, and add the dressing.
- Massage. Then add the remaining kale and purple cabbage.
- Mix thoroughly
- Add a lil purple cabbage for garnish.
Use blender to combine the dressing if you have one!
Wear an apron if whisking it yourself 😉
We also have 2 other slaw recipes; Firecracker Slaw – if you like a bit of spice and Ranch Style Coleslaw – if that’s your bag!
Shirt from ETHCS.
Want more inspiration? Check out our Wicked Healthy YouTube Channel!
Get pinning! We’re over here on the Wicked Healthy Pinterest page.
Keywords: avocado slaw