July 29, 2020
An easy-peasy summer dessert idea that you can make with your mini-plant pushers! This brings together 2 of our favorite, simple, sweet-treats; Cashew Vanilla Cream and Chia Seed Pudding, with one of our favorite summer fruits, Mango! There’s nothing naughty about this one, just a whole lot of goodness, in an ice cream sundae looking package that the kids (and big kids) will love! Serve it for breakfast and you’ll be everyone’s best friend. Mix up the toppings and have some fun with this!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2–3 fresh mangos, (we used ‘champagne’ mangoes)
- 1 C dried mango, soaked for at least an hour to soften
- 2 T agave
- Handful of toasted coconut flakes
- Slice the sides away from each mango and discard the center with the stone to the side. To peel the flesh from the skin the kid-safe, knife-free way, take a drinking glass and press down the skin against the rim of the glass and push down so that the flesh slides away from the skin and into the glass. This prep tip can be found on on this video: Wicked Essential Prep Tips.
- Chop mango halves into small pieces and carefully slice the remaining mango away from the sides of the pit. Set aside the fresh chopped pieces for layering in your parfaits.
- In a food processor, blend soaked dried mango and chopped fresh mango with agave, until smooth, to make a mango paste.
- Layer fresh mango, mango paste, cashew vanilla cream and chia pudding in single serving bowls and top with toasted coconut flakes.