Quick-Fire Vegan BBQ Beans
July 1, 2020
These Bangin’ vegan BBQ baked beans make for a delicious side for grilling season (check out our vegan BBQ veg ideas here), jacket potato filler, or any time you need a dose of soul comfort food. We’re using Chad’s quick and easy BBQ sauce recipe as the spicy, smokey base. You won’t want to buy baked beans out of a can ever again! (P.S aside from the BBQ sauce, this is oil-free!)
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cans red kidney beans, drained
- 1 ½ C BBQ Sauce
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 T spice blend: anise seed, fennel, oregano
- ½ t smoked paprika
- 1 Jalapeno, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- Splash beer (optional)
- Green onion, sliced
- Pinch black pepper
- Pinch salt
- Heat up a non-stick pot on med-high heat, saute onion, jalapeno and garlic. Stir to combine. and add spice blend, paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir and saute further for 3 minutes, add a splash of beer to loosen up.
- Add beans and BBQ sauce to the pot and bring to a slow simmering boil, cook for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Serve up and garnish with sliced green onion.
Want more inspiration? Check out our Wicked Healthy YouTube Channel!
Get pinning! We’re over here at our Wicked Healthy Pinterest Page.
Keywords: vegan bbq beans