Base Pan-demic Pan Pizza
June 24, 2020
Keep it simple and delicious with this full sheet pan pizza with Miyoko’s Mozzarella, Nana’s red sauce, BBQ aubergine, and fresh basil. That was just our choice, you can mix it up in any way you wish with your favourite toppings/anything you have in the fridge. It all works!
We’re loving how we’re seeing everyone in their kitchens at the moment online, baking fresh bread, and getting innovative with their ingredients. We’ve been experimenting over at team Wicked too, we tried a bunch of different bases and this was our winner. If you can’t get hold of the currently coveted ingredient; yeast (sold out in most places due to the influx of home bakers!), we’re also working on a base using beer – so watch this space! For now, get this on a tray and tuck in!
Recipe from Sean Coyne (who also did sourdough pizza recipe in the Wicked Healthy Cookbook)
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- ½ tsp Active Dry Yeast or instant yeast.
- 230g lukewarm water.
- 360g Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 8g Salt
- Mix flour and yeast, add water, mix with one hand, or a wooden spoon for 20 – 30 seconds to bring it all together.
- Place in a lightly oiled container for 4 hours.
- Dump out and shape into a ball of dough and place on a lightly oiled baking sheet ( ½ sheet pan). Do not cover.
- After one hour, press dough into pan – don’t force it. it will not cover the whole pan at this point. Let rest for thirty minutes, then press dough into the pan. Repeat until the dough covers the pan.
- Top with 3 – 4 cups of tomato sauce (it sounds like a lot but the pie bakes for a while) add garlic, oregano, chili flakes, etc.
- Bake at 225c / 475-500f for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, place on cutting board, slice, and serve.
Add BBQ, or already roasted Aubergine (eggplant).
Vegan cheese. Vegan cheese used here is Miyoko’s Mozzarella (US-based).
Tomato sauce: homemade or jarred works.
The flour amount 360g is 3 level cups if you find yourself without a scale. The water amount could easily be adjusted to 240g which is one cup of water. The yeast amount is ½ tsp (2g) salt needs to be 8g which can be tricky to measure because of all the different salt types weigh out differently based on volume.
Want more inspiration? Check out our Wicked Healthy YouTube Channel!
Get pinning! We’re over here on the Wicked Healthy Pinterest Page.
Keywords: vegan pizza