Country Fried – Crispy Tofu Turkey
December 18, 2019
Crispy fried traditional Tofu ‘Turkey’, cooked to perfection, add gravy and you have the perfect Sunday Roast or Holiday meal! Free From Animals!
Treat everyone sitting around the table with this one. The familiar flavors, crispy chunks smothered in gravy is heavenly and wicked all at the same time. This is true vegan food made for meat eaters! This is what will change minds!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 40 min
- Yield: 4 - 6 1x
- 3x Tofu blocks, extra firm, hand broken into bite size pieces
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Rice flour or corn starch
- ½ Cup breadcrumbs, fine
- 4 TBS parsley, chopped fine
- 3 TBS Wicked Sage-onion-garlic seasoning
- 1 tsp Granulated Onion
- Black pepper
- Make sure you have the firmest tofu you can purchase.
- Carefully tear apart the tofu into bite size pieces and place into a large bowl.
- In a medium sized bowl add the rest of the ingredients (except for the oil) and mix well.
- Add each piece of tofu to the seasoned flour to coat completely and evenly on all side.
- In a medium cast iron pan (or sauté pan) add enough oil to cover the bottom about 1 cm deep.
- Heat on med-high heat until hot.
- When the oil is hot, begin by adding 6-7 pieces of breaded tofu to the pan at time and pan fry each side until completely golden brown. When done remove from oil and place on paper towel lined plate to dry.
- When ready to serve preheat oven to 200c/400f.
- Place the crispy tofu onto a baking sheet and roast in oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve with our vegan gravy and all the fixings.
Keywords: tofu turkey, vegan turkey, vegan holiday recipes