Wicked Good Grilled Cheese
October 23, 2019
An adult vegan grilled cheese with a kick! The tomato habanero jam adds the perfect balance of sweet and spice to this awesome sandwich.
Made mini versions of these for an event years back and served them with shooters of fresh tomato Gazpacho – delicious! Melted smoky vegan gouda is the star here, paired perfectly with the spicy and sweet notes of the jam. Use this recipe as a base to load your favourite toppings onto, such as olives, artichokes, spinach etc. Get creative with this one!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 10
- Bread, sliced
- Garlic oil
- Tomato Habanero Jam (recipe here)
- Sliced Cheese (we used Smoked Gouda by Follow your Heart)
- Avocado, sliced
- Tomato, sliced
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Vegan Mayo (we used Vegenaise)
- Spread each slice of bread with garlic oil, followed by a layer of Habanero Jam.
- Compile sandwiches; 2 slices of cheese, 2 slices of tomato and ¼ sliced avocado per sandwich.
- Top with bread and spread vegan mayo on top.
- Place baking tray on the hob and heat until wicked hot. Place sandwich mayo side down an cook until golden on underside, spread mayo on top and turn.
- Slice in half and serve.
Keywords: vegan grilled cheese