Good Catch™ Fish-Free Pasta
FRANK’S FRIED RICE
December 11, 2018
East meets West with this frankfurter+fried rice combo! We’ve added in eggplant, chilis and shiitakes to create a wicked easy and flavorful weeknight dinner using Field Roast Frankfurters … let’s go!
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2 T olive oil
- 6 Thai eggplant, quartered
- ½ C onion, finely chopped
- 2–3 Thai chilis, sliced lengthwise
- 1 package Field Roast Frankfurters, finely chopped
- 2 C cooked white rice
- 1 C chopped shiitake mushrooms
- ½ C chopped carrots
- ½ C frozen peas
- 2 T toasted sesame oil
- 3 T tamari
- 1 t sea salt
- a few dashes of fresh cracked pepper
- ¾ C chopped green onion
- ½ C Thai basil, roughly chopped
- Heat a wok over high heat, add the oil. Add in the eggplant and saute until slightly softened. Add in the onion and sliced chilis and continue sauteeing until slightly softened.
- Add in the frankfurters and toss to combine. Next, add in the rice, shiitakes, carrots and peas, and toss to combine, and continue stir frying for 3-4 minutes. Be sure you are stirring well to ensure the rice does not burn/stick. Drizzle in the sesame oil and tamari, seasoning with the salt and pepper. Add in the chopped green onion and Thai basil, tossing and gently stirring to combine.
- Serve immediately.