SPICY POK POK SOM DRESSING
July 17, 2016
I’m loving working with the Pok Pok Som drinking vinegars in recipes these days. They add a balance of unique flavors that really pop and are worth the purchase. Including some drinks we’ll feature in upcoming recipes. There are so many flavors to choose from and play around with, and they also make an excellent dressing here for warm or cold noodles!
This recipe is part of the Wicked Healthy Takeover: Noodles Man that we are excited to team up on with Whole Foods Market … check out Part Two of the series below!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 10 min
- Yield: 2/3 cups 1x
- 3 each Thai chili peppers, chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 2 T Pok Pok Chinese Celery Som (1 tsp for the smashing). Mix in remainder after its done being smashed.
- 1 t minced ginger
- 1 T organic cane sugar
- 1 t sesame oil
- With mortar and pestle, smash dressing ingredients well and thin with Pok Pok Chinese Celery Som. You can also use a food processor to pulse the ingredients together.
Pok Pok Som can be found on line or at most Whole Foods Markets.
Thai Celery Drinking vinegar http://pokpoksom.com/ You may substitute, however, keep in mind it will be slightly different to the recipe we have shown and this is amazing stuff. To substitute, in small bowl mix 1 cup of rice vinegar, 1/4 cup organic sugar, 1 tsp celery salt.
SPICY CABBAGE THREAD, NOODLE SALAD
- 1/2 green cabbage head, shaved wicked thin on mandolin, rinsed with cold water and drip dried
- 3 T Spicy Pok Pok Som dressing
- Mix and match cooked, grilled and raw veggies to make your favorite noodle bowls. Sky’s the limit.
The recipe for this Spicy Pok Pok Som Dressing, featured in the video, is below. To get more of the recipes featured in the video, check out our other Takeover: Noodles Man recipes: