DRY FRY BARNEY’S TAIL FEATHERS – CABBAGE THREAD NOODLES
July 17, 2016
Dry fry your purple cabbage to make these wicked awesome cabbage thread noodles. No Barneys were harmed in the making of this dish!
This recipe is part of the Wicked Healthy Takeover: Noodles Man that we are excited to team up on with Whole Foods Market … check out Part Two of the series below!
The recipe for these Dry Fry Barney’s Tail Feathers – Cabbage Thread Noodles, featured in the video, is below. To get more of the recipes featured in the video, check out our other Takeover: Noodles Man recipes:
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 20 min
- Yield: 2-4 1x
- 1/2 Purple Cabbage, shaved wicked thin on a mandolin, rinsed with cold water and drip dried
- 1 T Mustard powder
- 1 t Salt
- 1/2 t black pepper fine grind
- Hot ass cast iron skillet
- 1/4 cup lightly packed cilantro or mint leaves, cleaned and picked for garnish
1. Prep the red cabbage, rinse and drip dry.
2. In medium bowl toss cabbage with dry spices.
3. In heated hot, large cast iron or sauté pan add dry cabbage and dry fry for roughly 3-5 minutes to slightly char and wilt. stirring and fluffing a few times while cooking.
4. Garnish with fresh herbs after plated.