CREAMED STEAM BASKET KALE (OIL FREE, GF, V, WICKED GOOD)
December 14, 2014
Looking for ideas of what to do with all that Wicked Healthy Cheez Sauce. Here we have the delicious, non threatening, life supportive version of creamed greens thats great as a main dish, snack or healthy side. Great for those lactose intolerant, gluten free, vegan, plant based focused and generally folks that enjoy good food.
- 1 Bunch Kale, de stemmed, washed, rinsed and shredded by hand
- 2 Cups WICKED HEALTHY cheez sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- Steam kale for a few minutes until its bright green and tender – we prefer to use a bamboo steam basket.
- Add steamed kale to oven safe serving plate, ramekins or small cast iron skillet and pour our in cheez sauce to cover and fillin the spaces between the kale
- Heat in oven @350 for 7- 10 minutes until bubbly hot, remove from oven and serve* Special Additions
- Top with Panko or crushed Saltines tossed with chopped parsley and herbs of your choice for a crumb topping
- Add Ninja Squirrel Sriracha for that kick in the chops
- Try with all different kinds of greens