WICKED HEALTHY MAC & CHEEZ. YES PLEAZ!
October 13, 2013
We’ve taken this creamy bowl of emotionally satisfying fond memories to a whole new level of guilt free, oil free, dairy free (can totally be Gluten free too) while still maintaining its integrity and making sure above all it remained wicked delish!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 8-12 1x
- 1lb. Macaroni
- 1 LG White onion, diced and steam sautéed until translucent
- 1 cup Raw Cashews, soaked in water for couple hours then drained
- 3 cups Unsweetened Soy milk
- 1/2 cup Garlic, boiled soft (roughly 17–18 cloves)
- 1/2 cup White wine
- 3 TBSP Nutritional yeast
- 2 TBSP Red or White Miso
- 1 tsp. Onion powder
- 1 tsp. Smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. White pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- *1/2 tsp. Turmeric optional, for color
- Cooked until done, strained- do not rinse to cool. Add back to pot it was cooked in while still hot.
Wicked Cheez Sauce
Makes 8 cups/2 Quarts
- Dice and steam sauté the Onion with a splash or two of water or wine, no oil is needed, no need to bother with the extra empty calories.
- Add warm onions and rest of ingredients to high powered blender.
- Blend all ingredients for couple minutes making sure mixture is wicked smooth.
- Add about half of the sauce to the drained hot pasta and mix well.
- Plate as is maybe with a bit of fresh herb garnish, Thai chilis and don’t forget the Sriracha or make a Wicked Baked Mac and Cheez. Serve with quick wilted greens and fresh steamed veggies.
- Save the other half of sauce for tomorrow
If baking – follow method above then place in ramekins or large casserole dish, top off with a little extra sauce, sprinkle with crispy crumb topping and bake 15 minutes at 350 until golden brown.