- Yield: 2-4 1x
for the buffalo sauce
- ⅓ C (80 ml) hot sauce
- ½ C (125 ml) plant-based butter, melted
- 1 head cauliflower, core removed, chopped into florets
about 15 Brussels sprouts, ends and outer leaves removed
- 1 block firm tofu, cubed
- pinch pepper
- 2 t nutritional yeast (or, hippy fish food, as we like to call it)
- 1/2 t garlic granules
- 2 C (450 grams) Wicked Awesome Sauce Recipe, divided
- cilantro, for garnish
- 2 large carrots, sliced into sticks
- 3 ribs celery, sliced into sticks
- Preheat oven to 450°F/232°C.
- Prepare all the vegetables and tofu. Add to a mixing bowl and set aside.
- To prepare the Buffalo sauce, whisk together hot sauce and melted v-butter, drizzling butter slowly in as you whisk.
- Toss cauliflower florets, Brussels sprouts, and tofu together with the buffalo sauce, pepper, nutritional yeast, and garlic powder.
- Pour and spread evenly onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from oven.
- Transfer entire the entire contents of the baking sheet into a large cast iron skillet.
- Pour 1 cup (225 grams) of the Wicked Awesome Sauce evenly over everything, and return to the oven.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheeze starts to brown. Remove from oven. Drizzle any remaining buffalo sauce over the top.
- Warm the remainder of the Wicked Awesome Sauce in a small bowl for dipping.
- Garnish cauliflower and Brussels sprouts with cilantro, and serve with carrot and celery sticks, and the warmed Awesome Sauce.
Once you got that, take it a step further and add some cheezy sauce to the mix. It adds an element of indulgence and richness while allowing the taste and texture of the baked veggies and tofu to come through.
Once done, let these veggies with a kicker cool down a bit before serving, or you can do that thing where you chew and exhale with your mouth open like a fire-breathing dragon.
Hungry for more? Sign up at Veganuary (click on the logo below) for daily wicked healthy recipes, tips and resources, delivered straight to your inbox!