This Good Catch fish-free pasta with lemon butter wine sauce is a quick and easy dish! Tomatoes, garlic, white wine and capers collide with pasta and a heavy dose of vegan butter to bring you a bowlful of wicked goodness!
Good Catch™ Fish-Free Linguini
1 lb. linguini
2 T olive oil
1 medium white onion, diced
5 cloves garlic sliced very thin, or minced
½ C cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 ½ C dry white wine
2 pouches Good Catch™ Fish-Free Tuna
2 C vegetable stock, plus more if you want to stretch the sauce
3 T capers, drained
½ t chile flakes
2 t sea salt
Cracked black pepper
¼ C vegan butter
3 T parsley, chopped
vegan parmesan, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water according to package directions.
- Heat a large, deep sauté pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add the oil, followed by the onions and sauté until translucent with a bit of color, about 3-4 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the garlic and cherry tomatoes and stir well, continuing to sauté for 4-5 minutes until they begin to stick.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine and allow to simmer for 5-6 minutes to reduce the wine by over half.
- Add the fish-free tuna, vegetable stock, capers, chile flakes, salt and pepper. Lower the heat down to low to medium and allow to simmer for 8-10 minutes. Add more vegetable stock as needed if you want to stretch the sauce.
- Add the vegan butter, stirring gently and dispersing the butter as it melts.
- Add the cooked linguini and stir for 2 minutes, evenly distributing all ingredients on the pasta. Remove from heat and add the parsley, stir one more time.
- Serve a generous portion and garnish with parmesan.
- Top with cooked mushrooms, broccolini or other veggies, if desired.