A comfort food favorite! This fish-free curry uses our Good Catch™ tuna to capture the flavor and texture of fish for a completely vegan dish. Grab some coconut milk, lime and vegan curry paste to recreate this classic Indian dish.
Good Catch™ Fish-Free Red Curry
6 cloves garlic
3 shallots, chopped
2 nobs ginger (about 3 T chopped)
2 red chilies, sliced
2 T olive oil
4 kefir lime leaves
3 T vegan red curry paste
2 t turmeric
1 (24 oz.) can whole tomatoes
1 C vegetable stock
2 (14 oz.) cans coconut milk
Juice from 2 limes
2-3 T agave syrup
1 ½ T sea salt
6 carrots, peeled and sliced into coins
12 baby eggplant, quartered
2 C cauliflower florets
3 pouches Good Catch™ Fish-Free Tuna
1 C cilantro, chopped
sliced green onion
- In food processor, add the garlic, shallots, ginger and chilies and finely grind, pour into bowl and set aside.
- Turn on burner to medium to high heat. In large shallow pot, add oil, followed by the mixture of aromatics, stirring until they begin to stick.
- Crush kefir lime leaves. Add the crushed leaves, curry paste and turmeric to pot, and stir well until these also begin to stick. Lower heat down to medium.
- Add tomatoes, breaking them in your hand as you add. Bring to a simmer until the tomatoes begin to stick and thicken, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock and lower heat, and allow to come up to simmer, another 8-10 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and stir well. Taste sauce, season with lime juice, agave and salt. Allow to simmer for another couple minutes.
- Add the carrots, eggplant, cauliflower and fish-free tuna into the curry sauce, stirring gently to cover. Place lid on pot until vegetables are vibrant in color and eggplant is tender. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
- Pour onto a platter with rice on the side. Garnish with peanuts, jalapeño and green onion slices and lime wedges.