One potato, two potato, three potato Pie!
Sweet-ness, how I love thee! Wanna be the hit of the party? Offer up this wicked colorful, subtle deliciousness that will warm the hearts of your loved ones. Shh.. We don’t have to tell them this is healthy and made with no added oils, no dairy and gluten free. To get these thin slices that layer so beautifully you might need one of those fancy mandolins , and not the musical instrument kind and a super fast blender to make the sauce. The Sauce used for this can be found on the blog known as Wicked Healthy Cheez Sauce (link below). Showing its versatility and calling out some of the ingredients used in it and adding a few others for enhancement. It’s wicked simple and worth it!
Miso Sweet – Potato Pie
Serves: about 12 large hunks
Prep & cook time: about 2 hours
5-6 pretty large Sweet Potatoes
1 QT http://wickedhealthyfood.com/blog/wicked-healthy-base-cheez-sauce/
2 Small White onions, skinned and left whole
1 tsp Ginger minced
1 tsp Miso
1 Lime Juiced
1 tsp Rosemary, minced
1 tsp Kosher salt
1 tsp Black pepper
1) In medium size bowl add ginger, lime, miso and herbs and mix well, add Wicked Healthy “cheez’ sauce to this and mix until incorporated
2) Slice potatoes as thin as you can on Mandolin. Mind your fingers! Best not to rinse them after sliced, add to a large Bowl
3) Slice onions into super thin rounds, rinse with cold water and set aside in separate bowl
3) Add sauce to sweet potatoes and mix well to coat each slice. Add a little sauce to the onions too and toss.
4) In large baking pan. Spray oil pan and assemble potatoes evenly throughout the pan about 3 inches thick / pour remainder of sauce on top. Just enough so it reaches the top 1/2 inch of the layers
5) Mix onions with a little bit of extra sauce just enough to coat and spread evenly on top of potatoes
6) Cover with tin foil – try to keep foil tight and not touching top of potatoes
7) Bake covered @ 350 for 60 minutes or until tender and skewer can go through easily
8) Uncover and roast another 10 – 15 minutes to brown the top and crisp the onions – remove from heat and let rest 20 minutes before slicing