Vegan “Chicken” Noodle Soup Recipe
March 17, 2021
Nothing warms you up quite like a nice steamin’ hot bowl of vegan ‘Chicken’ Noodle Soup! When we say ‘chicken’, if you know us, you know we are talkin’ mushrooms – shredded Oyster ‘shrooms to be precise. Perfect timing, since we’ve just launched them into Tesco stores all over the UK! So grab a ‘shroom and get shredding. This recipe is an awesome, tasty AF basic to have up your sleeve during the cold upcoming seasons. Grab a spoon and get stuck in!
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 8 Eryngii mushrooms
- 3 carrots
- 3 celery stalks
- 1 large onion
- 4–5 cloves of garlic
- ¾ smoked paprika
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp onion granules
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp vegan ‘chicken seasoning”. (garlic, pepper and parsley blend)
- 1 cup/170g white beans
- 1 cup/100g uncooked noodles/pasta
- 6 tsp vegan bouillon powder
- 2 liters water
Before serving, stir in:
- 1–2 handfuls of baby spinach
- Handful parsley
- Shred those shrooms! Hold the mushroom cap and run a fork along the length of the Eryngii, it will start to splinter into ‘pulled pork’ looking shreds. Break them apart with your hands to achieve the texture and size you want.
- Heat a large soup pot on med-high heat and melt a tbsp of a plant-based butter. Prep your ‘mirepoix’; rough chopping the carrots, onion, celery and garlic, to create your soup base. Sauté for 3-4 minutes in the butter, then add the freshly shredded ‘shrooms.
- Layer up your flavours. Season with paprika, turmeric, granulated onion, black pepper, ‘chicken’ seasoning and stir it all up to coat evenly. This blend will give your soup a beautiful bold colour and flavour.
- Add your chosen noodles/pasta and white beans. Follow with 8 cups/2 liters of water, the bouillon powder and bay leaf, to really get the soup going. Stir to combine, cover, bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 15 – 20 minutes.
- For the finishing touch and to add some more plant power, stir through a few handfuls of spinach and fresh chopped parsley before serving. The spinach should be wilted before you serve.
- And that’s it! A simple and delicious vegan ‘chicken’ noodle soup recipe that’ll make you feel warm and fuzzy inside. It’s a pretty foolproof bowl of goodness for any plant-pusher! Get stuck in!
Be careful not to over-salt this one! Layer your flavours gradually and taste as you cook.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @eatwickedfoods on Instagram and hashtag it #eatwickedfoods
We’ve got Wicked merch! Head to the Wicked Healthy Store!
Want more inspiration? Check out our Wicked Healthy YouTube Channel!
Get pinning! We’re over here on Pinterest.
Keywords: vegan chicken noodle soup recipe