Vegan Buckwheat Pancakes with Almond Butter
November 20, 2020
The easiest vegan buckwheat pancakes you’ve ever made! Super fluffy and packed full of flavour. Perfect with sliced banana or just keep it simple with maple syrup and vegan almond butter!
- 130g buckwheat flour
- 2 t baking powder
- pinch salt
- 2 T caster sugar
- 3 T almond butter
- 280ml plant milk
- 1 t lemon juice
- 1 t vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, place the buckwheat flour, baking powder, salt, and caster sugar. Whisk together until combined and set aside. In a separate bowl place the almond butter, plant milk, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Whisk together until smooth.
- Place a frying pan over medium heat and brush with a little vegetable oil.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry and whisk well to combine.
- Using a cookie scoop, place around 2-3T of batter into the centre of the hot frying pan. Fry until bubbles start to appear and burst in the centre of the pancake and the sides begin to look cooked. Flip the pancake and fry briefly on the other side. Remove from the pan and set aside. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve with vegan butter and maple syrup or with fruit.
Love our recipes? Join the Mushroom Mafia! Check out our Wicked Healthy Merch and become a Plant-Pusher!
Want more inspiration? Check out our Wicked Healthy YouTube Channel!
Get pinning! We’re over here on the Wicked Recipes Pinterest.
Keywords: vegan buckwheat pancakes with almond butter