Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Granola
October 16, 2020
Store-bought granola costs a fortune and tends to be full of sugar, salt, and usually contains honey. Making this vegan chocolate hazelnut granola yourself means more control over what goes in, with no sacrifice on flavour! This recipe is packed with seeds, nuts, and cacao nibs for a satisfyingly chocolatey flavour.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings 1x
- 230g rolled oats (the big jumbo ones, rather than porridge oats)
- 40g plain white flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- ½ t flaky sea salt
- 70g blanched hazelnuts
- 25g cacao nibs
- 25g pumpkin seeds
- 25g sunflower seeds
- 80g coconut oil, melted
- 100g maple syrup
- 2 t vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 150c/300f (fan) and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats, flour, cocoa, sea salt, hazelnuts, cacao nibs, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well until thoroughly combined. Spread out across the baking tray in an even layer.
- Place in the oven and bake for a total of 30 minutes, removing halfway through to stir and flip the granola.
- Remove the chocolate hazelnut granola from the oven and allow to cool fully. Once cooled either serve with fresh fruit and plant milk or store in an airtight container for about 2 weeks.
This is a super easy recipe with only four steps. Follow these tips and you can’t go wrong! Next stop: perfect granola!
Start With the Dry Ingredients
Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl. I’ve picked my favourite seeds for this recipe but feel free to swap them out for alternatives. You could try sesame seeds, flax seeds, hemp hearts, or even chia seeds.
Combine Your Wet Ingredients
Next mix the coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla together in a separate bowl. You can sub the coconut oil for any other neutral vegetable oil if needs be. You can also use any other sugar syrup for this recipe instead of maple syrup – such as brown rice syrup, agave syrup, or golden syrup.
Combine the Two
Mix the dry and wet ingredients together, making sure the oats are thoroughly mixed through. Spread out on a baking tray lined with parchment in a nice, even layer.
Bake the Granola
Place the granola in the oven and bake for a total of 30 minutes, stirring the granola half-way through. Allow the granola to cool fully before serving or storing.
Want more inspiration? Check out our Wicked Healthy YouTube Channel!
Get pinning! We’re over here on the Wicked Recipes Pinterest.
Check out our other vegan recipes!
Keywords: vegan chocolate hazelnut granola