Vegan Grilled Cheese Chickpea Smash
October 14, 2020
A wicked easy, vegan grilled cheese chickpea sandwich. It’s easy, all plant-based, plant power for a delicious sandwich!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings 1x
- 2 slices bread
- 2 cans chickpeas
- 2 slices of vegan cheese (Smoked Gouda – Follow Your Heart)
- 1 tbsp red onion, finely diced
- Vegan butter
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- ¼–½ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp garlic granules
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chicken seasoning
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, handful, finely sliced (save some leaves for garnish)
- Start by smashing chickpeas, 3 tbsp olive oil, and spices in a bowl with a masher. Add parsley and chopped red onion. Add 1 more tbsp olive oil and smash again.
- Take 2 slices of bread, one slice of cheese on each piece of bread, and 2 large tbsps of chickpea smash. Put together into a sandwich. Spread a thin layer of butter on top.
- Get pan wicked hot and add a knob of butter. Place sandwich buttered side up in the pan. Cover with a large saucepan lid. Turn over after a couple of minutes when the bottom is golden brown and cover again. Press down with a spatula, remove from pan, slice in half, and serve. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Want more inspiration? Check out our Wicked Healthy YouTube Channel!
Get pinning! We’re over here on the Wicked Recipes Pinterest.
Check out our other vegan recipes!
Keywords: vegan grilled cheese