INCREDIBLE VEGAN NACHO CHEESE SAUCE
September 23, 2020
This vegan nacho cheese is incredibly versatile AND delicious. Use it as a dip, put it in mac & cheese, use it for anything! This vegan nacho cheese is freakin’ amazing. You’ll love it. It’s got cauliflower, sweet potatoes, chickpeas, and a kick of spices to get that gooey, golden cheese we all know & love.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 2 min
- Total Time: 7 minutes
- ½ head of cauliflower, chopped
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed and skin on, chopped roughly
- 4 cups water for boiling veggies
- 1 cup chickpea water or regular water
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk
- 1 7oz/200g package of vegan cheese (we used Follow Your Heart)
- 5 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 4 tsp tomato salsa
- 1 TBSP cumin powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 jalapeno, charred (optional)
- pinch salt and pepper
- 4–5 TBSP nutritional yeast
- Plant-based milk
- In a large saucepan add chopped cauliflower, sweet potatoes, bay leaf, and garlic and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cook until tender.
- Drain and save liquid. Remove bay leaf.
- Transfer drained veggies to a high-speed blender, along with the jalapeno (optional).
- Add salsa and vegan cheese. Add spices (cumin, onion powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper), nutritional yeast, and chickpea water.
- Blend for at least 2 minutes until smooth. Add plant-based milk to thin for cheesy consistency.
Use this in our Wicked Nacho Mac Pie!
Love our vegan nacho cheese recipe? Try it with our favorite, cheesy Mac Daddy Tacos!
Want more inspiration? Check out our Wicked Healthy YouTube Channel!
Get pinning! We’re over here on the Wicked Recipes Pinterest.
Keywords: vegan nacho cheese sauce