Real-Time Hoisin Tofu Recipe
September 14, 2020
Simple and delicious Hoisin flavors and high-protein Tofu recipe! This Hoisin Tofu recipe we’re doing in real-time, Watch along with Chef Derek and re-create this amazing and popping with flavour, hoisin tofu dish. It can be made in under 20 with some practice and makes fantastic lunch prep or dinner! Sorted.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
- 1 block tofu (extra firm), cubed
- 1 220g pack tenderstem broccoli
- 1 400g can chickpeas
- 1 package fresh spinach
- 1 jar pre-made Hoisin sauce
- Fresh red chilli, finely sliced
- Fresh coriander, a handful
- 1 TBSP ‘pork’ seasoning
- ½ tsp granulated garlic
- ½ tsp granulated onion
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400f/200c.
- Get a cast iron pan rippin’ hot.
- Place broccoli in a bowl and coat with a little oil, then toss in granulated garlic, granulated onion, salt and pepper until thoroughly seasoned. Lay broccoli on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Cut the block of tofu into cubes (cut half twice lengthways, then into thirds). Place tofu in the broccoli seasoned bowl, coat in a little oil, and toss in the ‘pork’ seasoning.
- Add a little oil in the hot cast oil pan and sear tofu cubes (on the outer edges of the pan where the heat is) on both sides. Turn the tofu and add broccoli to the centre of the pan.
- When seared on both sides, remove tofu and place in a bowl with chickpeas and Hoisin sauce – stir gently to coat. Add spinach to the pan with broccoli, turn gently.
- Place tofu, chickpeas, and hoisin sauce mixture on the parchment paper-lined baking sheet, alongside the broccoli and spinach. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- Plate up and top with fresh chilli and coriander.
Check out our other favorite recipes with Hoisin – Veg BBQ!
Want more inspiration? Check out our Wicked Recipes YouTube Channel!
Get pinning! We’re over here on the Wicked Healthy Pinterest.
Keywords: hoisin tofu recipe