VEGAN NACHOS LOADED W/ BEYOND MEAT
August 24, 2020
Get ready for an epic nacho feast! Stacked high with crispy, fresh, and creamy textures – this is ultimate comfort food porn! Gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free.
- 1 packet of Beyond Meat (or any plant-based burger mince)
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- Romaine lettuce, finely sliced
- 1 white onion, diced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed with a knife and finely sliced
- 1 jalapeno, finely sliced
- 1 TBSP onion powder
- 1 TBSP cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Pico de Gallo
- Queso Sauce
- Preheat the oven on 420f/215c
- Get your pan wicked hot over medium heat and coat surface with oil, cook onion and add the Beyond Meat, crumble into the pan with hands. Add black pepper, smoked paprika, cumin, onion powder, oregano powder, sliced garlic, and jalapeno. Stir to combine and break apart chunks of Beyond Meat with a wooden spoon. Add salt and fresh cilantro. Add 2 tablespoons of water and stir thoroughly.
- Place pan in the oven to crisp and brown the meat for 10 minutes.
- Slice red onion and set aside in a bowl.
- Prep your nachos. Place tortilla chips in a baking paper-lined baking sheet. Cover the surface evenly with smaller chips on top.
- Remove pan from oven and set on a cutting board. Layer greens, Beyond Meat, queso sauce, pico de gallo, chopped red onion, layer with more chips and more meat, queso sauce, and red onion. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add more lettuce, pico, queso, jalapeno slices, fresh cilantro, and guacamole in the corner of each tray.