Vegan Chickpea Salad Sandwich
August 12, 2020
Re-creating a classic. From Chicken to Chickpea! A good chickpea salad sandwich recipe to send to your new vegan buddies, as you can whip it up in a couple of steps and it delivers big on flavour and texture!
We call this ‘super-fit food’ here at Wicked, great as a protein-packed pre/post gym fuel up, perfect picnic munch, and a good all-rounder.
Bonus: There are left-overs. That’s your lunch sorted for the next 3 days. No need to thank us.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 10 Mins
- Yield: 1 sandwich 1x
- 2 400g tins of chickpeas (drained)
- 2 slices of bread
- 3 TBSP Pumpkin Seen Pesto
- 2 TBSP vegan mayo
- ¼ tsp thyme
- A few slices of red onion
- A handful of spinach (lettuce/watercress if you prefer)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Mash the chickpeas, pesto, thyme, black pepper, and salt in a bowl with a masher, or fork. Add mayo and continue to mash to combine.
- Spread 3 heaped tbsps of the chickpea mix evenly on one slice of bread and layer up with sliced red onion and spinach leaves.
- Top off your sandwich with bread, cut in half, and serve up.
Want more inspiration? Check out our Wicked Healthy YouTube Channel!
Get pinning! We’re over here on our Wicked Healthy Pinterest page.
Keywords: chickpea salad sandwich