Wicked Simple Berry Crisp
August 10, 2020
A super simple way to highlight your favorite fruits or the freshest you can pick up at the market. Use this recipe as a formula by swapping out the fruit, you can try apples, peaches, plums! Be sure to double the recipe, this sweet summer dish is the perfect breakfast or brunch addition. Add lashings of our Vanilla Cashew Cream to win extra brownie points with the family!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20-30 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: Serves 4-6 1x
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2 cup blueberries (or any combination of fruit. A total of about 4 cups of fruit)
- 3 TBSP corn starch
- 3 TBSP-1/4 cup cane sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cup gluten-free ap flour, ‘Bob’s Red Mill All-Purpose’ is our favorite
- 3 TBSP vegan butter
- 2 cup of your favorite granola, or alternatively just rolled oats
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1–2 tsp of salt, depending on how salty you want the crust
- Put prepped berries into a bowl with the corn starch and sugar, gently mix together. Allow sitting for 10 minutes.
- Put gluten-free flour and butter into the food processor, pulse until you have a crumble texture. Add granola, a little maple syrup, and a pinch of salt. Pulse until combined and a crumbled mixture.
- Add berry mixture to a casserole dish and pour the topping on top, not pressed evenly, but scattered on top of the berries.
- Put in the oven 350f/180c for 20-30 minutes depending on which fruit you’re using and how large your baking dish is.
- Remove from oven and let it set
- Plate up and serve with the Cashew Vanilla Cream or favorite non-dairy vanilla ice cream.
Want more inspiration? Check out our Wicked Healthy YouTube Channel!
Get pinning! We’re over here on our Wicked Healthy Pinterest page.
Keywords: vegan berry crisp