PERFECT ROASTED CAULIFLOWER
August 4, 2020
A classic roast cauliflower side dish, cooked to perfection with crispy, blackened edges. This one never lasts long around our dinner table! We champion this versatile vegetable and have cooked it in many ways, but nothing beats this simple technique, dressed with the brightness of lemon zest, fresh herbs and toasted pine nuts. A family favorite and a fancy side when cooking for friends.
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- About 6 cup of cauliflower florets (we used purple, yellow and white), wash and cut off the larger leaves
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, minced
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted in a pan on med-high heat
- Handful of parsley/mint, coarsely chopped to garnish
- 2 tsp flaked salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Halve cauliflower and break off whole florets (chop stem into spears).
- Add all florets to a bowl and drizzle olive oil, coarse salt, black pepper and thyme, tossing to coat the florets.
- Place florets on baking tray (with plenty of space around them) and roast on a high heat on 450f/250c for 12 minutes. Check at 10 minutes. Feel free to use a parchment paper liner if desired for easy clean up.
- Plate up cauliflower and top with pine nuts, fresh parsley/mint and fresh lemon zest.