Wicked Easy Baked Tofu
July 14, 2020
A foundation baked tofu recipe for all plant-pushers of all kitchen abilities! This basic technique levels up your tofu game from simple to super tasty – add it to pasta, layer in wraps, toss in stir-frys. You can customize this recipe with your favourite spices, herbs, infused oils, and sweeteners to work with a whole different range of dishes. Have fun with it! You got this.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total Time: 45 min
- 2 blocks of Tofu, extra firm
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Tamari
- Sprinkle of salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C.
- Press whole tofu blocks between paper towels or clean dishcloth, with a weight on top (a few heavy books should do the trick!) to release excess liquid for at least 10 minutes. This will release any excess water. Slice into planks and place on a baking tray sprayed with oil.
- Mix oil, tamari, and salt in a bowl and brush over tofu planks. Flip and repeat on the other side.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes and flip, cook for another 20-25 minutes.
- Move to a plate and serve up, or cool and refrigerate and save for another recipe!
Want more inspiration? Check out our Wicked Healthy YouTube Channel!
Get pinning! We’re over here on Pinterest.
Keywords: baked tofu