Easy (No Oil!) Grapefruit-Avocado Kale Salad | The Wicked Kitchen
July 6, 2020
One for our no-oil enthusiasts – you asked and we’ve listened! This is a very simple salad that goes down a storm, especially in the warmer months as a tasty side, or as a stand alone dish. Fresh and leafy with creamy avocado and the crunch of green onion, all marinated in a citrus dressing, made with fresh zesty grapefruit juice. Don’t forget to wash your hands, because you’ll be using them in this one.
Putting the Healthy in Wicked Healthy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2-4 servings 1x
- 1 head kale
- 1 grapefruit, ripe cut in half
- 1 avocado, ripe, cut in half, seed removed
- 2 stalks of green onion, chopped
- Flake Salt & Pepper
- Remove kale from stem, rough chop to bite-sized pieces
- In large bowl add kale, avocado, squeeze grapefruit juice (no seeds) and green onion.
- Massage dressing into kale leaves well.
- Season with salt and pepper and let sit for 30 minutes for best result before serving.
To dress this up for cooler seasons, add dried cranberries and pecans, with a squeeze of orange, instead of grapefruit.
Awesome side for a summer BBQ – check out our mains here!
Want more inspiration? Check out our Wicked Healthy YouTube Channel!
Get pinning! We’re over here on our Wicked Healthy Pinterest page.
Keywords: Grapefruit salad