Vegan Berry Tart
June 22, 2020
Summer is coming and this tart will go down a treat with everyone around the table! We’ll level with you, we made it for our mum for mother’s day, but it’s really good all year round. Looks impressive and is deceivingly easy and quick to make. We use a humble cashew nut to whip up a light and decadent vanilla cream, which strikes a delicious balance with the tart fresh berries and flaky pastry. This one is pretty fool-proof to make, so give it a shot!
- 1 or 2 sheetts frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 T vegan butter
- 4 T organic cane sugar
- 1 C cashews
- 2 pints fresh Raspberries, Blueberries, Strawberries
- 1 shot Oatly
- 1 T vanilla extract
- Place thawed pastry sheet on a sheet of baking paper, roll out.
- Fold each edge over, about 1 inch to create a rim. Press down with hands. For rustic detail, press down the outer edges with a fork.
- Use fingers to spread butter across the surface of the pastry. Follow by evenly sprinkling a light layer of sugar across the entire surface. Put the tray on the top shelf of the oven (you want to cook the top of the pastry). Mark the surface.
- Boil a kettle and soak Cashews in boiling water (enough to cover). Soak for 20 minutes until cool.
- Check oven and cut a few more holes into the top of the pastry to release air (no one will see this, so don’t worry about it being messy!). Leave to bake for 20 more minutes.
- Strain water from cashews and put them in a blender with oat milk and vanilla extract. Blend for 2 minutes. Pour mixture into a container and cool in the freezer for 20 minutes, or in the fridge until cool.
- Spoon custard onto the pastry center and spread evenly. Layer on fresh berries. Slice and enjoy!
Want more inspiration? Check out our Wicked Healthy YouTube Channel!
Get pinning! We’re over here on our Wicked Healthy Pinterest page.
Keywords: Vegan Berry Tart