Vegan Buffalo Tofu
May 20, 2020
Buffalo sauce is a classic, so we’re pairing it up with extra firm tofu! Crispy, coated, buttery, spicy, saucy…what’s not to love! You lose nothing making it vegan, in fact, you have everything to gain – we’re talking taste, texture and that feel-good factor. We guarantee brownie points with this recipe from everyone you know! Grab a beer and let’s get going.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 ½ – 2 blocks of extra firm tofu, cubed
- 2 T BBQ dry seasoning
- x1 100ml bottle Frank’s Red Hot sauce
- x1 T vegan butter
- 1 handful/pack snipped fine green beans
- 1 handful/pack tenderstem broccoli/broccolini
- Brown Rice (either made fresh or microwaved) Perfect brown rice recipe here.
- Sunflower oil
- Cracked black pepper
- Fresh parsley, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200c fan or 400f
- In a large metal bowl Toss cubed tofu in 1 tbsp oil and BBQ rub toss to coat each piece evenly.
- In a cast-iron skillet, heat – hot and add 2 tbsp oil
- Add tofu to the pan, sear on each side.
- In same bowl, add broccoli and toss in a drizzle of oil (to help seasoning stick) and ½ teaspoon of salt and pepper to coat.
- Onto a baking paper lined baking tray, place seasoned broccoli to one side, leave room for the other ingredients. Add seared tofu.
- In hot cast-iron pan, add green beans and a tiny bit of water, pinch of black pepper and cook for 2 minutes then place beans onto baking pan with other ingredients. When ready for dinner heat in preheated over for 10 minutes. This will heat and crisp up the outer edges and will leave the centers juicy. Remove from oven.
- On medium-low heat, in metal bowl add the whole bottle of hot sauce, along with a tbsp of vegan butter, whisk it up until it’s all melted. Add tofu to the sauce, and coat evenly.
- Serve with rice and the veggies and the hot saucy buffalo fu. Parsley garnish optional.
In the mood for more Buffalo Recipes?
Hungry for more Wicked food? Join us on our Wicked Kitchen YouTube page!
Get pinning! We’re over here on the Wicked Healthy Pinterest Page.
Keywords: Vegan Buffalo Tofu