WICKED HARISSA SAUCE
April 13, 2020
Get hot and aromatic with Harissa Sauce! Joining the red sauce league, this North African chili pepper paste is equal parts spicy and fragrant. It’s a must-learn recipe for those who like a little heat in their cooking (hello, kindred spirits!), as it adds body, dimension and a whole punch of flavour to your food (see below for some Wicked ideas)! A little goes a long way. The most simple versions are just pounded chilies, salt and olive oil, and some are fermented as well, but we’ve taken it up a notch in spice with this go-to versatile recipe.
- ½ T caraway Seeds
- ½ T Cumin Seeds
- ½ T coriander Seeds
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 roasted red peppers = 1 Jar = 350g drained
- 2 T Sambal (garlic-chili paste)
- 1 t sea salt
- ½ t Black Pepper
- 2–3 T Olive Oil
- Toast seeds until browned.
- Add into mortar and pestle and hand grind to semi-powder consistency.
- Add spices and remainder of ingredients to a food processor and blend to a chunky-smooth texture.
- Add oil while it’s blending.
- Remove and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Need some ideas for your Harissa Sauce? We’ve got plenty!
Keywords: harissa sauce