Vegan Seafood Linguine
March 24, 2020
Flaky ‘fish’, tender ‘scallops’ and reams of linguine in a super silky, buttery sauce. A comfort food classic that harks back to an old childhood favourite! This is a high omega dish, packed with DHAs, that puts our Good Catch tuna in the spotlight. There’s no missing out with this one, it delivers on all levels of texture, flavour and comfort…the bonus is that it’s also pretty darn easy to make.
Press play and let Chef Chad show you how!
- Yield: Serves 4 1x
- 1 pound linguine
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic sliced very thin, or minced
- ½ C cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3 T Italian Chili paste or Harissa (optional)
- 1 ½ C slightly dry white wine
- 2 pouches Good Catch™ Fish-Free Tuna, naked in water
- 2 C vegetable stock, plus more if you want to stretch the sauce
- 3 T capers, (IN OIL PREFERRED), drained
- 2 t sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
- ¼ C vegan butter, (Miyoko’s European Style Cultured Vegan Butter recommended, but any vegan butter works great)
- 3 T parsley, chopped
- Vegan parmesan, Follow Your Heart recommended, for garnish (optional)
- Optional: Add King Oyster Scallops (see shortened recipe below, or recipe can be found in the Wicked Healthy Cookbook)
- 4-5 king oyster mushrooms, cut into 1 inch medallions and scored
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T vegan butter
Instructions for Scallops
- On high heat. Add olive oil to cast iron pan.
- Add medallions and sear, until a nice brown crust forms. You can press the mushrooms lightly with another cast iron pan on top to increase the action of the sear. Don’t press too hard though- you are not trying to squeeze the water out of the mushrooms. Allow to brown on one side, then flip and sear on the other til golden.
- Season with salt, and add vegan butter to pan. Continue the sear.
- While the mushrooms cook, spoon the butter from the pan over the tops. Cook for 4-5 minutes, or until brown. Set aside.
Instructions for Pasta
- Prepare the Mushroom Scallops recipe, if you choose to use them.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water according to package directions.
- Heat a large, deep sauté pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add the oil, followed by the onions and sauté until translucent with a bit of color, about 3-4 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and stir well, continuing to sauté for 4-5 minutes until they begin to stick.
- Add italian chili paste and garlic, and saute 2-3 minutes
- Deglaze the pan with white wine and allow to simmer for 5-6 minutes to reduce the wine by over half.
- Add vegetable stock, capers, salt and pepper. Lower the heat down to low to medium and allow to simmer for 8-10 minutes. Add more vegetable stock as needed if you want to stretch the sauce.
Keywords: vegan seafood linguine, vegan seafood pasta