Vegan 1-pot meal! Pasta & Broccoli with Butter Sauce
March 2, 2020
We’re all about simple dinners and family meals here! Sort out dinner in a snip with this Wicked delicious 1-pot pasta meal – packed with delicious chick’n, tender broccoli, sweet cherry tomatoes and the most silky butter sauce! Perfect for decadent transitioners, meat-free monday lovers and our fully-fledged plant-based gang (aka everyone!)!
Mise en place is the name of the game with this one. Get those ingredients prepped up and ready to go and you’ll have whipped up this classic feast in no time. Just add a splash of white wine to deglaze the onions for the adult version!
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- ½ C cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1 T coarse salt
- ½ t black pepper
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 ½ C plant-based chicken, chopped into bite-sized chunks or baked tofu
- 2 C tenderstem broccoli, chopped
- 2 C vegetable stock
- ¼ C vegan parmesan, shredded
- 1 lb pasta, cooked until al dente and strained
- 3 T plant-based butter
- Handful basil, coarsely chopped
- Handful parsley, coarsely chopped
- Heat pan on a med-high heat, swirl oil to coat surface and saute onion until cooked through and translucent. Follow with garlic, then tomato. Stir occasionally and season with salt and pepper as you go. Add plant-based chicken and let it sit and crisp up. Cook through for a few minutes, stirring occasionally, and add broccoli.
- Add vegetable stock liquid to deglaze the pan. Cover and bring to a simmer. Then remove lid, season with red pepper flakes and lemon juice. Cook through and stir, then add butter.
- Lower heat, add pasta, black pepper, and vegan parm. Toss some basil and parsley over the dish to finish.
- Serve up and enjoy!
Substitute chicken for tofu or mushrooms.