Vegan Pesto with Pumpkin Seed
January 20, 2020
This tasty-vibrant-full flavor green sauce is a staple in any plant-based kitchen (hello, new vegans!) and a great way to get those almighty greens in. This vegan pesto recipe is a quick and easy one to add to your repertoire, with zinc-packed pumpkin seeds and the cheesy taste being created with our favourite vegan phish-food, aka nutritional yeast (bonus: get the kind fortified with B12!). Versatile, simple, and wicked delicious!
- 6 Garlic Cloves
- Olive Oil
- 100g Pumpkin Seeds
- Salt (your call)
- 25g Basil (two handfuls) (tough stems removed)
- 75g Baby Spinach
- 1tbs Nutritional Yeast (aka hippie fish food)
- Start heating a pot on the stove.
- Chop garlic into slices and add to the pot, followed by the oil.
- As soon as the garlic starts to fry and bubbles appear, continue cooking for 1 additional minute, then remove from heat.
- Add baby spinach, basil and pumpkin seeds with ½ tsp of salt and ¼ tsp of black pepper to food processor. Add fried garlic and oil. Blitz and add oil to loosen it up.
- Pour into a bowl. Add nutritional yeast and stir.
We want you to exercise that creativity in the kitchen with your pesto, but if you need some inspiration, you know we’ve got you!
Vegan Pesto Pasta
Chickpea Salad Sandwich
Pesto Brussel Sprout and Tomato Pizza
Avocado Pesto Kale Salad