Coconut & Vanilla Cashew Cream
January 17, 2020
We left dairy out of our kitchens a long time ago. Enter, the cashew nut! This special nut delivers a smooth and creamy consistency, helping you to whip up a delicious vanilla cream to add to any sweet treat. Mix it up with coconut milk and a few other special ingredients and you’re onto a winner. We love it layered up in a parfait with fresh fruit and our very own chia pudding, as a dip for strawberries, scooped onto warm berry crisp, and all over our breakfast waffles(if our mini plant-pushers have anything to do with it!).
You’ll be a) surprised at how easy this is and b) how scoopable it is! Trust us, this is the new real deal.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 30 min chill
- Total Time: 35 min including chill time
- Yield: 3 C of cream 1x
- 1 1/2 C raw cashews, soaked for at least an hour to soften
- 3 T Agave
- 1 can Coconut milk
- 1 C Soy milk, unsweetened
- 1 t Vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- ½ t Xanthan Gum
- Blend the soaked cashews, agave, coconut milk, soy milk, salt, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add xanthan gum to help thicken it up, and blend for another minute.
- Pour into bowl, cover, and set in the fridge for 30 minutes until ‘scoopable’.
- Serve with fresh fruits, berry crisp or as a rich layer in parfaits.
Bonus: this is dreamy on our Wicked Kitchen Raspberry Brownies and Sticky Toffee Pudding if you live in the UK and have access to a Tesco store. It’s featured in our Wicked Healthy Kids Cooking class, which you can find online, here!
Keywords: vegan cream, cashew cream, dairy-free fruit dip
Here are some of our favourite family-friendly recipes using this cream!
Vegan Berry Crisp:
Or if you fancy a savoury spin, Roasted Beet Salad with Citrus and Tarragon Cashew Cream: