Wicked Easy Mashed Potatoes Recipe
December 18, 2019
Complete with a mountain of fluffy, creamy, rich mash – your family will never know there’s no dairy in it! No excuses here – it’s super simple to make in only 4 easy steps.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total Time: 55 min
- Yield: 4 - 6 1x
- 10 – 12 Large Potatoes, washed, skin on mashing potatoes, cut into 1/6’s
- 1/3 Cup plant-based butter
- 1/3 Cup unsweetened soymilk (oat or almond)
- 2 – 3 T plant-based butter
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Coarse salt, to taste
- In large sauce pot add chunked potatoes, cover with water and bring to boil on med-high heat.
- Check potatoes after 5 minutes, they’re done when they easily break apart with a fork.
- Remove from heat and strain water from potatoes.
- In original pot with cooked potatoes add Plant-based butter and black pepper and pinch of salt (optional) and whip/mash with potato masher until smooth and no lumps.
- Set aside.
- Add King Oyster vegan gravy and serve!
– For HEALTHIER version sub the butter and soy for this amazing Cashew sour cream we did for Game Changers
– Swap out a couple of the white masher potatoes for sweet potatoes or a bit of butternut squash
– Use Sweet potato instead of White potato just be aware that sweet are a bit less starchy and more watery
Keywords: mashed potatoes recipe, no-dairy mashed potatoes
Don’t forget the King Oyster Mushroom Vegan Gravy to really bring this side home!