Wicked Holiday Solutions | Keeping the Kids Busy in the Kitchen Over the Holidays
December 13, 2019
If you’re like us, by about the 28th of December you are looking for activities for the kiddos to keep themselves busy that don’t require you assembling or finding batteries for! For those of us who are parents here at Wicked, cooking together is an ideal way to keep kids of all ages busy over the holidays.
And a great way to work together in the kitchen is to whip up a big spaghetti dinner the whole crew will love with this vegan meatball recipe!
Start by making a big pot of Nana’s Red Sauce,
get little ones tearing fragrant basil and older kids helping you pull together the ingredients for these amazing meatballs. Throw some greens and veg in a bowl for a nice big salad, boil your pasta, and you’ve got spaghetti night!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 10-12 large meatballs 1x
- Cuisine: Italian
Top these on your next saucy pasta dinner or even better as leftovers in meatball subs, or pizza.
- 1 LB plant based ground beef (we prefer Lightlife, or Beyond Meat ground)
- 2 T onion granules
- 1/4 C vegan parm
- 1/4 C panko breadcrumbs
- 3 T fresh parsley
- 1/4 C white onion, small diced
- 1/4 t black pepper
- 1/2 t sea salt
- 1/2 t chile flakes (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, stir ingredients in a bowl with a spoon thoroughly.
- Roll into ping pong ball sized meatballs.
- In a saute pan, cast iron preferred, place on medium to high heat.
- Add oil, and place meatballs around the pan, sauteing meat balls until charred around all sides, turn until evenly cooked.
- Place meatballs in a shallow dish, cover with a few ladles of Nana’s red sauce and garnish with parsley
Keywords: vegan meatballs, vegan spaghetti, vegan meatball recipe
Check out more great, family-friendly recipes like this one in our new cooking class Wicked Healthy Kids at cookwickedhealthy.com and use the code HALFOFFHOLIDAYS at checkout! The best part is, all the profits from these classes go to our favorite charities!