Vegan “Chicken” Noodle Soup
September 26, 2019
Nothing warms you up quite like a nice steamin’ hot bowl of ‘Chicken’ Noodle Soup! When we say ‘chicken’, if you know us, you know we are talkin’ mushrooms – shredded Oyster ‘shrooms to be precise. Perfect timing, since we’ve just launched them into Tesco stores all over the UK! So grab a ‘shroom and get shredding. This recipe is an awesome, tasty AF basic to have up your sleeve during the cold upcoming seasons. Grab a spoon and get stuck in!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 8 Eryngii mushrooms, shredded
- 3 carrots, rough diced
- 3 celery stalks, rough diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4–5 cloves of garlic, rough chopped
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ¾ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp onion granulated
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 TBS ‘chicken seasoning”. Pepper and onion blend used here VEGAN
- 6 tsp vegan bouillon powder
- 1 cup noodles or pasta Gemelli used here.
- 1 Cup white beans
- 2 liters water
- stir in 1–2 handfuls of baby spinach Handful parsley, cleaned and chopped
- Heat large soup pot on med-high heat. Add plant based butter to melt, add carrots, onion, celery and garlic. Sauté for 3-4 minutes then add the shredded shrooms.
- Season with bayleaf, paprika, turmeric, granulated onion, black pepper, ‘chicken’ seasoning, vegan bouillon and stir to coat evenly.
- Add liquid and bring to a boil then add noodles and white beans to the pot, stir to combine and bring back to a boil then lower heat to simmer for 10 -15 minutes.
- Before serving, stir in the baby spinach and parsley.
Keywords: vegan chicken noodle soup