“Perfect” Brown Rice
August 14, 2019
We’re showing you all the secrets to making PERFECT rice every time! Cooking rice bums a lot of people out, but once you gain a bit of confidence, you’ll quickly master one of the most valuable plant-based staples known to mankind: RICE!
Don’t forget – rinse your rice before you do anything!
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 1x
- 1 cup Brown Jasmine Rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 bayleaf
- pinch salt
- Thoroughly rinse rice in a sieve, then add to medium saucepot and combine with 2 cups of water (remember: 1 part rice, 2 parts water), add bayleaf, pinch of salt and chopped garlic.
- Cover and heat on med-high heat to bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, lower heat to lowest setting, partially cover and simmer until the liquid is absorbed, around 8-10 minutes. Do not stir. (To check, tilt pan slightly, if liquid appears, continue to cook for 3 minutes.) Remove from heat when water is gone, let sit for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.
Trust us, it’s simple when you know how!
The key is to remember is the golden rule – 1 part rice, 2 parts water.
Pro-tip: Give your rice a little flavour by adding slices of Blood Orange, Ginger and a Bay Leaf.
There’s no draining with our perfect brown rice!
The grains soak up all the water, leaving you with fluffy rice every. damn. time!
Now you’ve nailed the rice step, you’ve got everything you need to go ahead and have a blast making our Vegan Roast Tofu & Veg meal prep recipe here!