GOOD CATCH™ SPICY TUNA ROLL
March 17, 2019
- Yield: 4 rolls 1x
for the fish-free tuna
- 2 C Good Catch™ Fish-Free Tuna
- 4 green onions, chopped
- ¾ C plant-based mayo
- 2–3 T Ninja Squirrel brand sriracha
- 1 English cucumber, halved and cut into long, thin slices
- 2 C seasoned sushi rice (see TIP)
- 4 sheets toasted nori
- 1 green onion, chopped, for garnish
- handful of microgreens, for garnish
- Place the tuna and green onions into a medium-sized prep bowl. In a separate small bowl, combine the plant-based mayo and sriracha. Add about half of the sauce to the tuna, folding in gently to combine. Taste and add more sauce if desired.
- Place one of the nori sheets, shiny side down, on a cutting board. Wet your hands with a little water to prevent sticking, then distribute one-fourth of the cooled rice onto the nori sheet, leaving about ½-inch space at the top. Layer some of the sliced cucumber and ½ cup of the spicy tuna towards the bottom of the roll, then slowly and tightly roll it away from yourself. Place a little dab of water across the top of the nori sheet to create a seal and complete the roll.
- Cut the roll in half, then each half into 4 pieces to create 8 pieces total. Repeat the process with the remaining ingredients.
- To serve, garnish each piece with some of the reserved sriracha-mayo, green onion and microgreens.
TIP: To make the seasoned sushi rice, rinse 1 cup of uncooked sushi rice in cold water several times, then drain. Transfer to a rice cooker and add 1 cup water. Once cooked, transfer to a large prep bowl. Using a wooden paddle, gently spread the grains to allow to slightly cool. Season with 1 teaspoon rice vinegar, 1 teaspoon sugar and ¼ teaspoon salt. Allow the rice to come to room temperature before assembling your rolls.