GOOD CATCH™ TUNA TACOS
March 1, 2019
- Yield: 2 1x
for the fish-free tuna filling
- 1 T chipotle pepper, chopped
- ⅔ C tomato paste
- ½ C water
- a few pinches of coarse sea salt
- ¼ C olive oil
- ½ of a white onion, chopped
- 2 C Good Catch™ Fish-Free Tuna
- 1 C corn kernels
for the plant-based cilantro-lime yogurt sauce
- 1 C plain, unsweetened plant-based yogurt
- the juice from half a lime
- ¼ C fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 T agave syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
- tortilla shells
- fresh cilantro
- Fresh jalapenos, sliced
- In a medium-sized prep bowl, combine the chopped chipotle, tomato paste, water, seal salt and olive oil.
- Preheat a medium-sized cast iron pan over medium heat. Drizzle with just a touch of oil and add the chopped onion. Saute until slightly softened and translucent. Add in the Good Catch™ Fish-Free Tuna, stirring for a moment followed by the chipotle sauce, stirring gently to combine. Bring to heat, making sure the sauce does not burn. Remove from heat after about 3 minutes.
- Optional step for the corn: Distribute the corn in an even layer on a flat plate. Using a butane torch, char the corn.
- To make the plant-based cilantro-lime yogurt sauce, combine all ingredients, and stir gently to combine.
- To serve, spoon the sauced Good Catch™ Fish-Free Tuna over tortillas. Top with the charred corn, fresh cilantro and yogurt sauce and serve immediately.