TEMPEH STIR FRY
January 31, 2019
It’s getting steamy in here! Lightlife tempeh is ground to create a delicious and #freefromanimals stir fry. You can also use this to make taco meat or replace meat in sauces!
- Yield: 2 1x
- 1 package Lightlife Tempeh, cut in half widthwise
- 2 TB olive oil
- 1/2 an onion, diced small
- 1 tsp sea salt
- a few dashes of fresh cracked pepper
- Place the tempeh pieces into a steamer basket. Fill a saucepan with a few inches of water and place the steamer basket inside. Bring the water to a boil over medium-high heat and steam for about 10-12 minutes. This process is infusing moisture into the tempeh, and also taking any bitter notes away in the process.
- Allow the tempeh to cool, and transfer to a bowl. Mash with a fork until the tempeh is entirely broken up.
- Warm the olive oil in a cast iron pan over medium heat. Add in the onon and allow to soften, stir frying for about 4 minutes.. Add in the tempeh and season with the salt and pepper. Saute until the tempeh is golden and crispy around the edges. Spread out in the pan and allow to crisp up without stirring for a few minutes. Stir only occasionally, cooking for about 8-10 minutes total.
- Transfer to bowls and serve immediately.
Note: This tempeh can be used in multiple of applications like taco meat, and meatless type sauces.