BBQ Vegan Pulled ‘Pork’ Sandwich
BUILDING A TTLA
January 27, 2019
Lightlife Smoky Tempeh Strips, creamy avocado, juicy tomato and garlic-kissed sauce! We’re building the perfect TTLA (tempeh-tomato-lettuce-sandwich) and showing you how easy and delicious it is!
- Yield: 2 1x
- 3/4 cup plant-based mayo
- 6 cloves of roasted garlic, smashed into a paste with the side of a knife
- about 1 1/2 TB zest of lemon
- 2 TB olive oil
- 1 package Lightlife Smoky Tempeh Strips
- 2 soft focaccia rolls, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 vine ripened tomato, sliced
- butter lettuce
- sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
- For the aioli, in a small-sized prep bowl, combine the plant-based mayo, roasted garlic and lemon zest. Stir well and set aside.
- Heat cast iron pan over medium heat and add oil. Add the Lightlife Organic Smoky Tempeh Strips to the pan in a single layer, cooking on each for about 4 minutes and allow to brown and crisp up. Gently flip and repeat on the other side. Transfer the strips to a plate lined with a paper towel and start to assemble the sandwiches.
- Spread the aioli onto both sides of the focaccia rolls. Layer with the crispy Lightlife Organic Smoky Tempeh Strips, avocado and tomato, seasoning with the salt and pepper. Top with lettuce and serve immediately.
- These are the best sandwiches packed for lunch, or saved for later in the day for a quick meal on the go.