BUFFALO ROASTED CAULIFLOWER & BRUSSELS SPROUTS
January 12, 2019
Ninja-style comfort food at its best! Buffalo sauce and cheezy sauce all over, with carrot and celery fighting sticks to finish the job.
If you want to eat more plants, roasting is the way to go. Surrounding your ingredients with dry heat coaxes out the flavor and transforms the texture of these hearty vegetables into caramelized nuggets of goodness.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: Serves 2-4 1x
- Category: Vegan
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Snacks
for the buffalo sauce
- ⅓ C or 80 ml hot sauce
- ½ C or 125 ml plant-based butter, melted
- 1 head cauliflower, core removed, chopped into florets
- about 15 Brussels sprouts, ends, and outer leaves removed
- 1 block firm tofu, cubed
- pinch pepper
- 2 t nutritional yeast (or, hippy fish food, as we like to call it)
- 1/2 t garlic granules
- 2 C or 450 grams Wicked Awesome Sauce Recipe, divided
- cilantro, for garnish
- 2 large carrots, sliced into sticks
- 3 ribs celery, sliced into sticks
- Preheat oven to 450°F/232°C.
- Prepare all the vegetables and tofu. Add to a mixing bowl and set aside.
- To prepare the Buffalo sauce, whisk together hot sauce and melted v-butter, drizzling butter slowly in as you whisk.
- Toss cauliflower florets, Brussels sprouts, and tofu together with the buffalo sauce, pepper, nutritional yeast, and garlic powder.
- Pour and spread evenly onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from oven.
- Transfer entire the entire contents of the baking sheet into a large cast iron skillet.
- Pour 1 cup (225 grams) of the Wicked Awesome Sauce evenly over everything, and return to the oven.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheeze starts to brown. Remove from oven. Drizzle any remaining buffalo sauce over the top.
- Warm the remainder of the Wicked Awesome Sauce in a small bowl for dipping.
- Garnish cauliflower and Brussels sprouts with cilantro, and serve with carrot and celery sticks, and the warmed Awesome Sauce.
Hungry for more? Sign up at Veganuary (click on the logo below) for daily wicked healthy recipes, tips and resources delivered straight to your inbox!
Keywords: "roasted cauliflower", "vegan recipes"