GRILLED SAUSAGES WITH PEPPERS AND ONIONS
January 9, 2019
Today we’re grilling Field Roast Smoked Apple Sage Sausages, whipping up the perfect wicked sauce and topping everything off with an onion and pepper blend. This #freefromanimals creation is perfect for any backyard BBQ or get-together!
- Yield: 4 1x
- 3 TB olive oil, divided
- 4 Field Roast Smoked Apple Sage Sausages
- 1 TB fresh chives, minced
- 3 TB plant-based mayo
- 1 TB dijon mustard
- ½ an onion, sliced
- ½ tsp of sea salt
- a few dashes of fresh cracked pepper
- 1 large yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 large red pepper, sliced
- 2 TB plant-based butter
- 3 TB parsley, chopped
- 4 pretzel dog buns, sliced down center
- Place the sausages onto a plate. Drizzle with about TB olive oil, toss with tongs to coat, and place on a preheated grill on medium-high until grill marks appear. Turn and allow the grill marks to develop on the all sides of the sausages. Total grilling time is about 8 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the chives, plant-based mayo and mustard and stir to combine.
- Place saute pan on medium-high heat, add the remaining oil. Place the onions into the pan and season with salt and pepper. Allow to slightly soften for a couple minutes, then add in the peppers.
- Toss peppers and onions for about 3 minutes to soften then add the plant-based butter to the pan. Once melted, add the parsley. Toss again and remove from the heat.
- Spread the dijon-mayo on each side of the hot dog buns. Layer with a Field Roast Sausage and generous amount of cooked onions and peppers. Serve immediately.