The cheeziest crackers made with Field Roast’s Tomato Cayenne Chao Slices. Skip the box and make your own from scratch. Wicked easy … take a look!
December 28, 2018
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- 1 package of Field Roast Tomato Cayenne Chao Slices, finely grated
- 3 T plant-based butter
- 2 T nutritional yeast
- 1 C AP flour
- Cold water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using a grater, finely grate the block of Field Roast Tomato Cayenne Chao Slices. In a food processor add the grated cheese, plant-based butter, nutritional yeast and flour. Pulse until the mixture is well combined, a fine meal. Add a few teaspoons of water and pulse again until the mixture just starts to come together to form a dough. Stop mixing at this point.
- Form the dough into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes in the fridge. Working with this dough cold is essential so it is not too soft during the rolling out process.
- Once chilled, remove from plastic and press dough flat with the palms of your hands. Place onto parchment paper and, using a floured rolling pin, flatten the dough evenly to about ⅛-1/4 inch thickness.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the dough vertically 1 inch apart. Keeping intact, turn the parchment paper and cut the dough horizontally to create 1X1-inch squares. Using a toothpick, press a hole into the center of each square to give that Cheeze-it look.
- Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for12-15 minutes. Half way through the baking process rotate the pan, to ensure even coloring on all sides. Remove from oven with the crackers are slightly darkened around the edges and crisp.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Store in sealed glass jar for optimum freshness.