December 23, 2018
Holidays are for eating, sharing and gathering. After the big meal, leftovers can make a wicked awesome meal the next day! We’re toasting up some bread with a plant-based butter + garlic spread, layering it with mashed potatoes, Field Roast Hazlenut Cranberry Roast, cranberries, gravy and shaved Brussels sprouts to make the sandwich of your dreams.
- Yield: 2 1x
- 3 cloves of roasted garlic, smashed into a paste
- ¼ C plant-based butter
- 4 pieces of thick Texas-style sourdough bread
- Field Roast Hazelnut Cranberry Roast prepared according to package instructions
- 1 C leftover mashed potatoes from your holiday dinner
- ⅓ C leftover cranberry sauce
- 2 C leftover gravy
- ½ C Brussels sprouts, shaved on mandolin thin
- Following package instructions, prepare the Hazelnut Cranberry Roast. If serving leftovers, allow 2 slices of the roast for each sandwich and reheat in the microwave, in a steamer, or in saute pan. If using leftovers, reheat the mashed potato and gravy as well.
- For the garlic bread, combine the garlic and plant-based butter together. Spread over 4 slices of thick bread.
Preheat a cast iron pan over medium heat. Place the bread, butter side down, and allow to toast for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Time to assemble.
Spread half of the mashed potatoes onto two slices of the bread. Top with two, 1-inch thick pieces of the Field Roast for each sandwich, followed by cranberry sauce, a generous amount of gravy and handful of shaved Brussels sprouts. Top with the remaining bread slices and serve immediately.
- The perfect holiday leftover sandwich that will be well rewarded with a nap following consumption.